Pool Leak Detection
Don’t let your pool drain you!
With over a quarter of a century of experience and using the latest technology in leak detection equipment we guarantee to find your leak or you don’t pay us a dime. We also provide a one-year warranty on most leak repairs and thirty days to let us know if we found all the leaks.
Call a professional
Almost always the pool owner knows if their pool is loosing water. Waiting to get it fixed just costs more money in water and chemicals. Finding a pool leak can be like finding a needle in a haystack. Is it a problem with the pipes, the equipment, or is the pool’s shell leaking?
The swimming pool is viewed in basically three aspects:
1. Underground Plumbing: We’ll inspect all plumbing, utilizing specialized equipment to detect any problems.
2. Structure or Shell: The shell, or structure of the pool, is investigated with ultra sound listening equipment, and by using pinpoint dye testing methods. Areas like the skimmer, Main Drain, Light, & Return Fittings are inspected.
3. Above ground Plumbing and Equipment: (pumps, filters, etc). The above ground plumbing and equipment is also a very important aspect of a comprehensive leak test. Certain plumbing configurations can allow water loss without the homeowner knowledge.
What is allowable for evaporation?
Unfortunately there is no magic number or standard formula. There are many different variables in play that determine evaporation rates.
• Environmental conditions (i.e. Wind)
• Water features (Spa spillway, Sheer Descents, Fan Jets, etc.)
• Heating features (Heater, Heat Pump, Solar Panels)
• Screen enclosure
• Pool Interior finish
• Tile selection (Amount of grout being used)
• Rocks used for water features or as tile coping
Evaporation can range from 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch per day depending on the variables mentioned above.
Pool Crack Repair
Choosing the right company to repair your pool is of the utmost importance. Not every pool company has the skill and expertise needed to do the job right. Leak Wizard not only does it right the first time but has the most skill and knowledge in the Tampa Bay area when it comes to providing permanent solutions for structural pool repairs. These structural repairs include cracks that are in the tile line, walls and floors of pools. Some pools that have settled and cracked in half have actually popped up out of the ground.